At Church Langley Primary School we pride ourselves on our sporting successes, the quality of our P.E. curriculum, the wealth of opportunities given to pupils to participate in competitive sports and games and the wide range of after school sports clubs offered to children of different ages. In March 2013 the Government determined to pay a ‘ring-fenced sport premium’ to all primary schools to enable each school to ‘improve the quality and breadth of its PE and sporting provision’. This was fantastic news for a school already committed to promoting sport as part of a healthy life style. The sum for Church Langley Primary School for the academic year 2019-2020 was £20,380.00.
The sum received for the current academic year 2020-2021 is £20,380. This funding will be used to:
- Pupils have opportunities to realise developmental, character building experiences through sport, competition and active pursuits.
- Endeavour to ensure that all pupils leaving Church Langley Primary School at the end of Year 6 will meet the National Curriculum requirements for swimming.
- Maintain high levels of resourcing.
- Enable pupils to participate in sporting events and the benefits offered by the Harlow Schools Sports Partnership.
- Provide continued professional development for staff.
Proposed use of funding for 2020- 2021
- To continue to ensure that pupils leaving Church Langley Primary School at the end of Year 6 can swim the required 25 metres
- To ensure provision of suitable/quality resources so that all pupils throughout the school can develop their skills in an ever-increasing range of sports and explore their preferences for different types of physical/sporting activities
- To maintain high levels of engagement in sporting events at both town and county level
- To enable pupils to participate in sporting events without incurring charges to parents/carers
- To foster a love of sport and promote the engagement of all pupils through provision of high quality P.E. lessons and by offering a wide range of extra-curricular sports clubs
These objectives will be achieved through committed expenditure to the types of resource allocation outlined above.
For more information about the school’s participation, and success, in a wealth of sporting events and activities please visit: