My Happy Mind
At Church Langley Primary School, we use myHappymind to help create a positive mental wellbeing culture in which children build resilience, self-esteem and character. myHappymind uses the latest research, science and technology to help children develop lifelong habits and learn to thrive.
myHappymind is taught across the whole school and consists of 5 units:
Meet Your Brain Understanding how our brain works and how to ensure we look after it, so that we can manage our emotions and be at our best. Growth mindset is a key part of this too.
Celebrate Understanding our unique character strengths and learning to celebrate them. This module develops strategies for building self-esteem.
Appreciate Understanding why gratitude matters, its connection to wellbeing and recognising how we can develop gratitude as a habit.
Relate Understanding why positive relationships are important and recognising the building blocks of good friendships and relationships.
Engage Understanding how to set meaningful goals that matter and how to keep resilient in times of challenge. This module is all about building self-esteem and resilience too.
myHappymind Guide For Parents PDF
For more information about how the programme maps out across each year, please click on the link for the progression map. Please note that there is no reference to the content in EYFS because it is integrated within their tailored curriculum.
Curriculum Progression Map PDF
There is a free myHappymind parent app that provides an insight into the knowledge and skills being taught in school. As well, it provides access to activities that help embed good habits for developing positive mental health.
Click on the link below to access the myHappymind parent app.
myHappymind Parent Resources
The resources on the parent app are split into two main sections:
1) Material to help you understand the programme and what your child is learning at school, thereby enabling you to engage with them and use similar principles at home.
2) Activities that complement the programme, for you to do together at home. The ‘home’ activities are split by Key Stage.
- Early Years - for Nursery & Reception children.
- Key Stage 1 - for children in Years 1 & 2.
- Key Stage 2 - for children in Years 3 - 6.
These bite-sized videos illustrate key points from the five myHappymind modules. Whilst they are mini in size, they are packed with useful learning points and will give you an overview of the content being covered with the children.
There are 53 podcasts, which focus on a different aspects of mental health and emotional wellbeing. As a collection, they provide advice and guidance, as well as practical suggestions about how to build your child’s self-esteem, self-awareness and resilience
An example of the podcast titles include:
- Exploring the importance of positive emotion
- Why engagement matters so much to happiness
- The power of relationships
- Accomplishments – How it helps us to live our best lives
- Kicking out the ‘Imposter Syndrome’ (This isn’t me/I’m not cut out for it)
- Why telling your children to be grateful is the worst thing you can do!
- Turning big emotions on their head
- How to stop the narrative that is stopping you from moving forward
- Why HOW you praise is so important
- Put Yourself First!