Return to School Confimred
Posted On: 23 February 2021
Return to School Informtion (taken from Newsletter 13 - 22.02.21)
With the Prime Minister’s announcement this evening, the light is now firmly at the end of the tunnel, as all children are able to return to school as of Monday 8th March 2020. In view of this, we will resume our staggered entry and exit times for all year groups on Monday 8th March as follows:
- Year 5 and 6 must arrive at 8.30 a.m. and will leave school at 3.20 p.m. using the gates they were utilising before Christmas
- Year 3 must arrive at 8.35 a.m. and will exit at 3.10 p.m. via the same gates they were using before Christmas
- Year 4 must arrive at 8.40 a.m. and will depart at 3.15 p.m. through the gates they have used since September
- Year 2 must arrive at 8.45 a.m. and will leave school at 3.05 p.m. through the gates they have used since September
- Year 1 must arrive at 8.55 a.m. and will leave school at 3.00 p.m. through the gates they have used since September
- Reception must arrive at 9.05 a.m. and will leave school at 2.55 p.m. through the main school gate – please note this is a slightly earlier start time than previously
We will continue to adhere to previously outlined safe practices within and around school, e.g.
- Regular hand-washing throughout the school day for all pupils
- Avoiding use of internal corridors to reduce any likelihood of bubbles crossing
- Remaining in year group bubbles for all break and lunch times
- Asking just one parent/carer to bring children to school in order to reduce congestion on the standing area at the front of school
- Opening bike sheds to children in Years 5 and 6 only; if younger children wish to cycle/scoot to school parents will need to take bikes and scooters back home with them as the bike sheds will not be available for younger children to use
- Discouraging all ad hoc visits to the school office; we would much prefer you to call or e-mail with any queries or concerns you may have. We will continue to restrict access to the building in order to protect your children and staff members. Please do not ask to come in to use the toilets with younger children, as this will not be permitted
- Only accepting dinner money in envelopes, marked with your child’s full name, class and the days they wish to have a dinner on. Children must bring in all payments themselves – parents will not be allowed in to school to pay for dinners. If you would prefer, you can pay for a block of meals in advance by cheque, which may well reduce anxiety about children losing cash payments. School meals remain £2.40 per day (£12.00 per week) for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 and the infant universal meal currently remains free to children in Reception, Year 1 and 2.
In addition, we kindly request that all parents wear a face covering when dropping their child at school in the morning and when collecting them at home time. Please collect your child and leave the standing area promptly. If you have more than one child attending the school and their entry and exit times do not follow on consecutively, we would ask you to move away from the standing area and return for your next allotted time rather than standing around and congesting the area close to the school gates. This area was often very ‘busy’ just before Christmas, so I really would appreciate your support in implementing these additional safety measures for the next few weeks/months.