Entry and Exit Arrangements for new academic year
Posted On: 01 September 2021
Schools are still required to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment and to establish an outbreak management plan; staggered entry and exit times will be a fundamental part of our endeavours to controlling and managing the potential spread of infection from the virus that is still at large; these measures will be instrumental in easing congestion at the school gate too. We will continue to implement other control measures too, including enhanced hygiene routines (established last year) and staggered break and lunch times.
Please find set out below entry and exit times and gate arrangements for each year group, which will be effective from Monday 6th September 2021. Teachers will come to the appropriate gate to meet the children every morning.
- 8.30 a.m. Year 6 will come into school through the car park gate
- 8.30 a.m. Year 5 – Miss Huff and Mrs Guzpit’s classes will enter through the main school gate and Mr. Stacey’s class will come in through the Key Stage 2 gate
- 8.35 a.m. Year 3 classes will come into school via the car park gate
- 8.35 a.m. Year 2 – Miss Heath and Miss Boyce’s classes will come in through the main school gate and Miss Pavlou will meet her class at the Key Stage 2 gate
- 8.40 a.m. Year 4 – Miss Smyth and Miss Bishop’s classes will enter via the main school gate and Mrs Hible’s children will come in through the Key Stage 2 gate
- 8.45 a.m. Year 1 will come in through the main school gate
- 8.55 a.m. Reception classes will come in through the main school gate
In order to maximise the amount of time children spend in school each day, we are planning to keep exit times as close together as possible. To ensure that they operate smoothly, we are asking parents to collect their children and move right away from the gate as they collect children - even if they are waiting for siblings to come out in another year group at a later time.
- 3.05 p.m. Year 1 children will exit through the main school gate
- 3.10 p.m. Year 2 classes will exit through the main school gate
- 3.15 p.m. Year 3 classes will exit through the main school gate and Year 4 classes will leave via the Key Stage 2 gate
- 3.20 p.m. Year 6 classes will leave through the main school gate and Year 5 classes will leave through the Key Stage 2 gate
- 3.25 p.m. Reception children will leave through the main school gate